Emerald Coast Drifters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to drifting. I need help setting up my car.

4 posters

Go down

New to drifting. I need help setting up my car. Empty New to drifting. I need help setting up my car.

Post  ahohnadell Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:44 am

Hey,
My name is Alec Hohnadell, I live in Destin. I've been to 5 Flags once for drifting. I ran my little white legends car (which sucked at drifting and so did I) but I just bought a 5 speed manual 1992 240sx hatch and here are some details...single cam engine, lowered on kyb shocks and lowered springs, cat/converter(2months old), under piping upgraded with magnaflow, after market air filter, and 4 drilled rotors. All it needs is a speed sensor. There is a weird clicking noise and it might be the valves tapping. It just started doing something where you have to shift it to 4th or 5th to go past 45mph because all the gears seem to be revving out real quick. But if you have any feed back as to what I need to do to get it drifting that'd help A LOT. Thank you guys for looking and I will be out there competing with you soon.

Last edited by ahohnadell on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

ahohnadell

Back to top Go down

New to drifting. I need help setting up my car. Empty Re: New to drifting. I need help setting up my car.

Post  s13Bubba Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:12 pm

New clutch... Asap

Only 1989-90 models came with the SOHC engine.

Welcome aboard.

s13Bubba

Back to top Go down

New to drifting. I need help setting up my car. Empty Re: New to drifting. I need help setting up my car.

Post  ahohnadell Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks! Any suggestion on brand of clutch? And the e-brake doesn't work to well. Is that an easy fix?
Thank you

ahohnadell

Back to top Go down

Post  s13Bubba Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 pm

s13Bubba

Back to top Go down

Post  chris850 Tue May 15, 2012 8:58 pm

welcome and post some pics of your 240 would love to see it.
chris850
chris850

Back to top Go down

Post  cmg Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 am

Coilovers, Welded diff, clutch that dont slip. Have fun. If your hand brake dont work good you most likely need rear calipers. Its common. Just replace them with reman ones and it will lock fine (assuming you have adjusted the cable from the hand brake lever).

cmg

Back to top Go down

Post  ahohnadell Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks everyone for the input! Helped a lot! I'm hopefully about to get the welded diff and possibly put a turbo on it. Is the single cam engine a ka24de? If I turbo'd the ka24de would it be just as good as an sr20det turbo'd?

ahohnadell

Back to top Go down

Post  ahohnadell Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 am

I found out that the engine is a ka24e. Anyone drift with this motor? Should I swap the motor?

ahohnadell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down